“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace” (Numbers 6:24- 26).
Graduation is such an exciting moment! While it’s the end of a significant chapter, it’s the beginning of many new ones forward! Taking time to celebrate this milestone is important. While there may be some uncertainty about next steps, God’s Word provides direction for the road ahead. God cares about the details of every life and wants to lead each graduate to their purpose in Christ. When we seek His face and lean into Him, He promises to be with us in every step of the journey (Matthew 6:33).
Here are some scriptures to encourage and empower new graduates transitioning into this new season:
1. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).
2. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take” (Proverbs 3:5- 6).
3. “I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
4. “I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken” (Psalm 16:8).
5. “May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed” (Psalm 20:4).
6. “Now, all glory to God, Who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” (Ephesians 3:20).
7. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).
8. “Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity” (1 Timothy 4:12).
Prayer: Father God, we praise and love You today! Be with all graduates, surrounding them with Your grace and filling them with hope for tomorrow. Help them to move into the future with open hearts, trusting You with their lives. Let them use the knowledge and skills they have acquired through study and hard work to do good in this world. As they face challenges, may they look to You for guidance. Open doors of opportunity for their continued spiritual growth and increased wisdom. Bless them with like-hearted Christian friends, and cover them with Your protection, love, and strength in the days ahead. In Your name, we pray, Amen!
Encouragement and Prayer for New Graduates
“Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all” (2 Thessalonians 3:16).
“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
“God will let you laugh again; you’ll raise the roof with shouts of joy” (Job 8:20).
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
“Let all that you do be done in love” (1 Corinthians 16:14).
“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” (Ephesians 3:20).
“Your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” (Matthew 6:8).
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed” (Isaiah 61:1).
“And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, ‘How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!’” (Romans 10:5).