Proclaim Liberty Throughout the Land
In 1751, a large bell was commissioned by the City of Philadelphia for its governmental meeting house. It was used to call the state legislature into session, summon voters to cast their ballots, sound alerts, and commemorate special occasions.
The Bell was inscribed with the phrase, “Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof” from Leviticus 25:10 which describes “the 50th year”, the Year of Jubilee. “And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you, and each of you shall return to his possession [inheritance], and each of you shall return to his family.”
This verse was chosen for the Bell to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Pennsylvania’s original Charter, the colonial covenant written by founder William Penn. Pennsylvania was founded primarily on religious freedom. The democratic principles set forth in Penn’s Charter later formed the basis of our U.S. Constitution. The Liberty Bell developed deep cracks over the years and has not been rung since 1846.
- The release of both the land and people into the covenantal promises of God for all generations.
- God is restoring both our heritage (past) AND destiny (future)
- The freedom of the Most High God is ringing over this nation, the freedom for which Christ set us free (Gal. 5:1).
- Release shalom, the pealing of covenant wedding bells, and glory over this land
- Declare a fresh release of the fear of the Lord that leads to liberty and life (Prov. 19:23), shifting mindsets and hearts.
- Release the resonant frequency of hope and salvation into this land.
- The Liberty Bell will once again sound over this nation!
Call forth the seed:
“Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof” (Lev. 25:10)
Rise Invitation Code for App Signup: