Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 | 11 AM PDT – 2 PM EDT
“Who is left among you who saw this house in its former glory? How do you see it now? … Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the LORD. Work, for I am with you, declares the LORD of hosts.”
Come Out Of Egypt
The word of the LORD was given to Haggai during Israel’s return from exile. As the people took back their homeland, they became stuck through misplaced priorities, opposition from the enemy, their idolatry, and injustice. Haggai was sent to remind God’s remnant of His promises, telling them to continue their work despite the circumstances.
Haggai addressed the people’s shattered expectations, reminding them of God’s promises; recalling the covenant that God made with them as they came out Egypt. As we each come out of our own “Egypt” through the One who set us free, opening our spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear what the LORD is doing in this moment, I pray you take refuge in knowing that His Spirit is in our midst.
Repentance Through Purity
Just as Haggai called the Israelites to true repentance through purity, I feel the LORD is calling us once again into this place as well (Haggai 2:14). It’s time to continue building the Kingdom. With pure hearts and clean hands, we can build with pure motives, reprioritize what is important, remove idolatry from ourselves and this nation, and walk towards justice, as we seek first the Kingdom of God. The Father tells us that “the treasures of all nations will come in, and He will fill this house with glory… the silver is mine, the gold is mine” (Haggai 2:7). His word states that the latter glory shall be greater than the former, and in this place, He will give peace (Haggai 2:9).
God will defeat evil among the nations (Haggai 2:22). He only asks us to walk in repentance and obedience that leads to success in the Kingdom of God. As His remnant arises in this hour, take hope in the fact that God restores and renews. His promises are true! God works through the obedience of His people. Let your words, actions, speech, and heart reflect Christ working in you and through you. Our choices matter. Our speech matters. Our voices matter.
May the peace of our Father rest upon you. I pray it motivates humble hearts to action.
- Religious FreedomAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:20:02+06:00
- Human LifeAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:11:52+06:00
- Biblical Justice and RehabilitationAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:12:42+06:00
- Spiritual AwakeningAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:13:28+06:00
- Israel & WorldAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:14:08+06:00
- Equality and UnityAdam W. Schindler2020-04-09T02:35:28+06:00
- Those in needAdam W. Schindler2020-04-28T23:46:57+06:00
- Biblical, family, marriage & genderAdam W. Schindler2020-04-28T23:46:23+06:00
- StewardshipAdam W. Schindler2020-04-28T23:45:30+06:00
- God’s CreationAdam W. Schindler2020-05-01T14:12:29+06:00