I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!” The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46:10-11 ESV
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.”
Psalm 23:1-3a (ESV Emphasis added)
Be Still and Know
“Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain.”
Genesis 4:1 ESV
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”Matthew 11:28 ESV
Be Still and Know I AM
God is the great I AM. In Exodus 6:2-3, God calls Himself by a new name, thus revealing a new part of His heart, character and nature.
God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the LORD.I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty,[fn] but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.
Exodus 6:2-3 ESV
Up until that time, God was only known by what He did for people. He was known only as the God Almighty (El Shaddai in Hebrew). People knew of the power of God, but they were about to discover who He was. There is a big difference approaching a God you know about, verse the one who’s character and nature you’ve discovered through intimacy and encounter. The great I AM wants to meet you in this time of fear and uncertainty and show you more than just His power.
Be Still and Know I AM God
And now we’ve arrived at the fullness. The most important part of our exercise is coming to God. He alone is the one who can speak life, truth and hope into our hearts and nation. He has an answer to the Coronavirus. And I know for sure that it includes in part a Body of Christ praying for the health and peace of our communities with a spirit of faith, sonship and rest in the goodness of God.
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
Romans 8:1 ESV
Thank you for joining us in this journey of Psalm 46 prayer.
For every $1 given Million Voices can send 10 voter guides via text message to citizens like you.
- Religious FreedomAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T22:27:16-04:00
- Human LifeAdam W. Schindler2020-09-18T19:39:13-04:00
- Biblical Justice and RehabilitationAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T03:32:52-04:00
- Spiritual AwakeningAdam W. Schindler2020-09-17T08:56:11-04:00
- Israel & WorldAdam W. Schindler2020-08-10T17:15:53-04:00
- Equality and UnityAdam W. Schindler2020-09-18T19:24:07-04:00
- Those in needAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T03:44:15-04:00
- Biblical, family, marriage & genderAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T03:39:59-04:00
- StewardshipAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T03:40:14-04:00
- God’s CreationAdam W. Schindler2020-07-29T03:43:30-04:00