Educational Freedom: A Basic American Right
Educational freedom is a fundamental right in America and one that parents should be able to exercise without interference from the government. In recent years, this right has come under attack as the government has tried to take more and more control over what children learn in school. This is an unacceptable infringement of parental rights and must be stopped.
What is Educational Freedom?
Educational freedom is the right of parents to determine what their children learn in school. This includes the right to choose the school, the curriculum, and the teachers. It also has the right to opt out of standardized tests.
The Role of Parents in Education
Parents are the primary educators of their children and should make decisions about their education. The government should not be interfering in this process but rather should be supporting parents in their role.
The Importance of Educational Freedom
Educational freedom is essential because it allows parents to choose the best educational options for their children. It also allows for experimentation and innovation in education. When parents can choose the school their child attends, they are more likely to find one that meets their child’s individual needs.
The government has been trying to control what children learn in school in recent years. But this is not right. Children should not be governed by the government but by their parents instead.
Educational freedom is the parent’s God-given authority to direct their children’s education (Proverbs 22:6). This includes choosing the curriculum, teachers, and schools. Educational freedom also allows parents to opt out of standardized tests. In recent years, academic freedom has come under attack as the government has tried to take more and more control over what children learn in school. This is an unacceptable infringement on parental rights.
Solutions to Protect Educational Freedom
Several solutions can be implemented to protect educational freedom in America. These include:
- Repealing Common Core: Repealing Common Core is one way to protect academic freedom in America. Common Core is a national curriculum created by the government and is being forced on schools across the country. It is a terrible curriculum, and parents have fought it for years.
- Give parents more choices in education: One way to protect educational freedom in America is to give parents more options in education. This includes allowing them to choose the school their child attends, the curriculum, and the teachers.
- Remove government control over education: The government should not be controlling what children learn in school. This should be left to the parents. The government should be supporting parents in their role as educators, not trying to take it away from them.
- Allow for more parental input in school decisions
- Defend the opt-out movement
- Promote homeschooling and Private Schools
The fight for Educational Freedom
In recent years, the government has been trying to control what children learn in school. This is an unacceptable infringement on parental rights. Educational freedom must be defended and restored in America.
It is essential to use your voice to fight for educational freedom as a parent. This includes speaking out against government intrusion in the education of our children and voicing your support for parental rights. It is also essential to support organizations fighting for Educational Freedom, such as the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA).
The HSLDA is a nonprofit organization that defends the right of parents to homeschool their children. They also work to protect parental rights in education and fight for educational freedom.
Join The Fight
There are 30 million Christians in the United States who don’t use their voice to change policy. But your voice does matter. Especially when a million of us speak at once to those that have the power to change things — the policymakers in this country. And the policymakers have told us the number one thing that changes their position regarding issues is when a constituent from their district mails them a signed note.
So sign for Million Voices and use your voice today.