"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope" (Romans 15:13).
God’s Word is life-giving! The Bible is His handbook to us for life. Throughout it, God speaks to us and transforms us with His guidance and hope. The Holy Spirit helps us understand the Word more profoundly, and apply it to our lives. His pages tell of God’s justice alongside His compassion, love, and mercy. “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
Listed are a compilation of scriptures and quotes about the benefits and blessings of God’s Word:
• “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105).
• “Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the Book widens and deepens with our years” (Charles Spurgeon).
• “Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet anchor of your liberties, write its precepts in your hearts, and practice them in your lives. To the influence of this book, are we indebted for all the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look as our guide in the future. Righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people” (Ulysses S. Grant).
• “Inside the Bible’s pages lie all the answers to all of the problems man has ever known… It is my firm belief that the enduring values presented in its pages have a great meaning for each of us and for our nation. The Bible can touch our hearts, order our minds, and refresh our souls” (Ronald Reagan).
• “For the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two- edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires” (Hebrews 4:12).
• “I’ve read the last page of the Bible; it’s all going to turn out all right” (Billy Graham).
• “Put your nose into the Bible every day. It is your spiritual food. And then share it. Make a vow not to be a lukewarm Christian” (Kirk Cameron).
• “So great is my veneration for the Bible, that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hopes that they will prove useful citizens to their country and respectable members of society” (John Quincy Adams).
• “I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book which God has given to man” (Abraham Lincoln).
• “The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known in the world” (Charles Dickens).
Prayer: Dear Lord, You are high and lifted up today—the Author and Finisher of our faith! We thank You for giving us Your words to live by and meditate on. You said our faith comes by hearing Your Word. Help us write it in our hearts and minds to stay on the righteous path You have set for us. In your precious name, we pray, Amen!
Final Thought: Let God’s Words bring invaluable wisdom to every area of your life!
God’s Word: Handbook for Life
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8).
“The righteous cry, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all” (Psalm 34:17-19).
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8).
“But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace” (Numbers 6:24- 26).
“Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all” (2 Thessalonians 3:16).
“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
“God will let you laugh again; you’ll raise the roof with shouts of joy” (Job 8:20).
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).