State Finds County Violated Election Law In 2022
Take a Poll: Click Here
The Texas Secretary of State’s Office found Harris County’s November 2022 was subjected to repeated failures that meant many residents were not given their right to vote, according to Just The News.
“Harris County clearly had multiple failures conducting the election and violated election law for estimating needed ballot paper,” Secretary of State Jane Nelson said when publishing the audit.
“Mistakes like these led to a poorly executed election which left many Harris County residents frustrated and may have prevented them from voting. It is important to talk about these issues now in order to address them before the 2024 election cycle.”
The county did not provide the necessary supplies to polling places. Equipment failed, and paperwork was left incomplete. There were also serious issued with the county’s voter registration data.
According To The Audit …
- At least 38 polling locations had no voter check-ins for at least an hour or more
- The county’s voter registration system has over 9,000 more voters than were reported to the statewide voter registration system
- Nearly 3,600 mail ballots were sent to voters but weren’t reported to the state
- The method the county used to determine distribution of ballot paper didn’t comply with state law, resulting in the voting process being disrupted and some polling locations not having enough supplies
- Harris County failed to adequately train election judges and clerks, which contributed to incomplete paperwork being filed and problems with voting system equipment
You Deserve Better
The absolute minimum your taxes should provide is your right to vote. You can tell your local, state, and federal lawmakers to make sure they don’t fall into the same problems as Harris County during the 2024 presidential election.
To contact your local representatives today, sign up for www.Change. MillionVoices.org today (text MV to 80550). We’ll ensure that your voice is always heard.. Share this article with your friends and family so they can stay informed.
Share on these platforms:
Million Voices is a movement that gives voters and potential voters the foundation they need to confidently act from a biblical worldview.